Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Thinking about Something Kimberly Wrote" Originally Posted 06/21/09

The beautiful Kimberly from Texas wrote:


"...I approached the front desk and realize that the two women working the counter are absolutely stunning. They were both picture perfect Barbie Doll blondes, with the faces and figures of models or movies stars. For just a moment, I feel an almost physical pain in my chest, kind of a longing that is hard to describe. Here I felt like an ugly and tired old man in a skirt, and I was speaking with the exact opposite - a drop dead gorgeous young lady. I know it makes no sense to say you miss something you never had, but sometimes I sort of feel like I was robbed, like I should have had a life like hers, like it’s just not fair that I didn’t get it. I know it's not rational, and that there’s nothing redeeming about envy, but there you have it."

Kimberly has a way with words and her adventures are amazing. Here she struck a nerve. She put words to something I felt, but couldn't admit to myself. I want that life. It seems so much better than my own. Now I know women have their own problems- stalkers, not getting paid as much as a guy, etc. But the benefits seem to outweigh the negatives for most of their lives.



Maybe this longing is part of the whole crossdressing thing. Maybe it's more. All I know is that Kimberly is right, and I have some thinking to do as to what being Sophie really means to me, and by extension to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment