Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Philadelphia Kimmie! Part 1" Origianlly Posted 07/08/10

In this crazy thing we do, I have been blessed with many dear friends. In my drab life, I tend to keep people pushed away. I have many aquaintences but few friends to whom I can confide and really talk.


Yet as Sophie, I have some very good friends. They already know my biggest secret, and they don't care. Well that's because they are the same way. We understand each other.




So Kimberly Huddle was coming to town. I met her once before, and we've kept up with each other through phone and IM. So now she was coming back. Last time I met her, I was in drab. This time I wanted to meet her properly. Fortunately, I had off of work...




So I made plans. I wanted to look hot- so I planned this sexy black outfit and made an appointment with Amanda Richards. I wanted her to feel welcome, so I posted on the various boards that she was coming and let's give her a big Philly welcome (no, not booing.) Ok, all set. I even had money to spend from an ebay sale I made.




So the day arrived, July 7, 2010. Here in Philly it was record heat: 103 degrees with humidity in the 80% range. There was no way in Hell I was wearing black in that weather! So i quickly threw together something casual and cute (or at least I thought so.) I didn't have the right shoes (I NEEDED white pumps) but I would deal. (At this point Jen Johns is passing out.) 





So I drove up to True Colors and Amanda did another amazing job! I was ready, and met Kimberly ay her hotel in Malvern, Pa. She was giddy over her latest Goodwill purchase- a wedding gown! A beautiful wedding gown for only $35! My question was how in the world was she going to get that puppy home! It was huge! And beautiful.

We took some pics (unheard of, I know) and hit the road.




The plan was to go to the Nevermore in New Hope, Pa, where I heard they had OpenMike. Kim's car was a souped up new Mustang. She loved the car- how it sounded, its power- everything. On the way I was treated to a cd of her original music which was amazing. Oh, for the record, she may have broken the speed limit once or twice. ;)




Oh, we did make a quick side trip. We stopped at ShangriLa, home of Angela's Laptop Lounge. The idea was to run in, have a Jack, and leave. However, she didn't feel comfortable doing this, so we didn't even get out of the car. Well at least she saw the parking lot! ;)



VROOM, we covered the space between Malvern and New Hope at Warp 6, and had a great time doing it. Found the place easily enough, walked in... No Open MIKE?!?!? Sh*t! She's gonna think I'm some kind of idiot! I apologized profusely and ordered us a round of Jack shots which helped. Turns out it was trivia night, and there were six players counting us. All were at least 60- except us. If you answer five questions correctly, you get a free drink. I'm ok at trivia, so I won three free ones. We then played pool, which she won and got out...to Philly! 




End Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment