Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Heresy and Diamonz!' Originally Posted 05/31/09

Devrah was coming all the way from South Carolina for vacation. She was coming up really to do a photoshoot/makeover with Amanda from True Colors, but still, she was coming into our neck of the woods.

I know Devrah through the various means of communication we have available- Myspace, IM, etc. She's a really cool gurl and I couldn't wait to finally meet her.

Ok, so I wake up early and drive the 90 minutes to Allentown, PA. I meet her at her hotel and in drab. She's big- bigger than me. Maybe 6'3"?



Ok so we get in the car for the trip over to Fridays for lunch with the legendary Amanda of True Colors. Immediately, Devrah turns on Rush Limbaugh. I live for political debate. I am hard core left wing, well informed, and I know how to debate. I love debating with Republicans who are well informed, etc. Well, Rush killed that 12 years ago. No more intelligent debate, just his talking points. Sigh. I mention politics is not something we wish to discuss, just to keep it friendly. Nope- right in she plunges. She debates intelligently (given the basis of the Rush talking points which are often misguided) and we have a fun enough discussion.


So we have a fun lunch with Amanda, then over to True Colors where Devrah will have another photo session. I go to the nearby mall and buy bras and jewelry.


Soon enough it is my turn to get made up. I have a new white ruffled blouse given to me by a friend. Just had it dry cleaned. AND....the buttons gap far too much. It's too tight. Argh! Fortunately I had a spare. It's a shame- I wanted to look really fem. Oh well.



Amada does her usual amazing job. As she is finishing with me, Sandee and Kaitlyn show up. They'll eventually join us. I've met Sandee a couple times before. Kaitlyn is new to me but has an amazing website and is simply stunning. Then...


HORRORS!


I forgot my camera! Tranny heresy! The gurls were ready to revoke my membership card and take away my breast forms! Oh the A-go-neeeee!!! Fortunately, they all had cameras and took pics. I hope to post some.



So we go to Diamonz, a lesbian club in Allentown. I was told there was good food. Everyone was quite friendly, and we met many more gurls there. It was Latin Dance and Karoke night, and the place eventually was quite full.



Karoke! Am I dumb enough to go sing enfemme in front of a room full of tgurls and lesbians? Of course! So I chose "Roadhouse Blues" (a song I know well) and everyone cheered when I started. Then I screwed up the song so bad that I had them restart. I was humiliated. Finshed the song and ended Sophie's singing career. Turns out that there were like 20 girls in the room who were in musical theater, and were amazing.


Another amazing singer was this drunk gray hair guy who sang an amazing Sinatra rendition. By then Kaitlyn and Sandee had joined us, and K and I applauded and cheered. Guy made a beeline for us, hugging and all happy. Maybe Kaitlyn's leather mini skirt had something to do with it? Or my tight blouse? In any case, he bought us shots and was all over K. It was educational to watch as she deftly parried his advances but not so much that he stopped buying us drinks.

The guy pinched my ass and fondled me once as well. Really drunk! He kept saying how he admired the fact that we "took it further than he ever could" by dressing as woman. He never quite explained that.

So eventually Devrah wanted to go. We left. Back to her hotel to change and at 4 AM, after almost falling asleep behind the wheel a few times, I was home. What a great night!



It seems that each time I go out I enjoy myself more and learn another little bit about Sophie and where she fits into my life.


A quick thanks to the gurls of Allentown for making the night a special one for Devrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment