Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Keystone 3: The Search For Spock" Originally Posted 03/21/10

Everyone goes to conferences for their own reasons. Most go to learn. However I am convinced that some go to preen and show off, and that’s fine too. Vanity thy name is T-gurl.

I went to learn about who I am and where “Sophie” fits in with my life. To that end, I was rather successful. Thanks to many talented people I learned more about me than I had in the past year. Where does that leave me? I have no idea! Lol
I spent my final day of the conference meeting people, including a drink with the wonderful Lady Ellen. It seemed like each new person was another piece of a puzzle that I was building.

Soon enough, I put on my new gown. I bought it on ebay, but had it massively modified by Lorraine, who did my Mary Marvel Costume. Amanda Richards did my makeup and once again I was beautiful! I love looking in the mirror and seeing a woman looking back.

 

Off I went to the gala! Amanda was running behind so I missed most of the cocktail reception. Of course I was still able to get something- and I had some professional pics taken. During the reception, my friend Mel introduced me to Donna Rose, that night’s guest speaker. Donna Rose is a heroine of mine (http://www.donnarose.com/). To be introduced to her was quite a treat. The only word to describe her is “real.” There is no pretense or front with her. She is who she is and if you don’t like it- tough. She was kind enough to take a picture with me as well. I was floating on air.


 
Dinner was fine. The usual sort of food: “wedding chicken” or “fish.” You’ve had it before and it was competently done. The wine selection was local and not bad. Donna then gave her speech and was amazing. After that, “Burning House” came on with a sizzling R&B set. Wow! Me? I went to get more to drink and to get more pics done. After all, I had a gown to show off, not to mention the girls!

It seems that I am getting quite the reputation. Several people, including Donna Rose, referred to me as “the girl with the boobs.” I can live with that as long as they remember me. ;)

Sigh! How does Linda Lewis handle it? :D

Actually, I enjoy the attention, and I enjoy the breasts. I love looking down and seeing them there. It makes me feel so feminine. That’s such a great feeling!

As the night wound down, I returned to the bar and ran into the wrestling people again. Two of their kids won state championships and they were celebrating like crazy. Even the t-girls got into it! It was good to see.

Eventually, I went back to the room to change for the last time. As I looked in the mirror I felt physically ill at the prospect of going back to drab. After three days as Sophie, that’s how I wanted to stay. However, 30 minutes later I was in drab and back at the bar. Turns out my roomie had an admirer. He bought her flowers and candy and a wig. She gets all the guys! ;)


The next morning was cloudy and grey and I ate breakfast drab. Half the gurls were drab, half were still dressed. As it was, I made my way home, tired, in pain from the heels, but so amazingly glad that I was there. Next up- Empire in Albany, NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment