Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Good Friday + Lady Ellen Means Great Friday!" Originally Posted 04/02/10

The sun sets on an absolutely gorgeous day here in the Philly area. Today is known in the Christian religion as Good Friday, which marks the day that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. To my Jewish friends, it is still the feast of Passover (Pesach), which commemorates the Hebrew liberation and escape from slavery in Egypt.  Today is also the birthday of my dear friend, the beautiful Kristina Snow. (She’s 29.)

All of that is just fine and dandy, isn’t it? “So what?” you ask. Well I spent my Good Friday in a different way- a liberation in its own way you could say. I saw Lady Ellen for a makeup lesson, makeover, and photo shoot.

Lady Ellen works out of New Brunswick, NJ.  She goes to many conferences and meeting. I met her at Keystone. You can find here here: http://www.lefemmefinishingschool.com/

Anyway, when I met her at Keystone, she remarked that my makeup needed help (which it did.) No she’s not rude; it DID fit into the conversation. So, long story short (too late) on a glorious Friday morning I found myself knocking on her door.

We discussed what I wanted. I wanted a makeup lesson, but I also wanted to live a bit of a fantasy: I wanted to be a Bond girl. I wanted to be slinky, sexy, and HOT (well as much as I can be!) ;) Oh, and I bought a dress a week ago so maybe that as well?

Lady Ellen concentrated on my eyes. We worked with liquid eye liner and with taping. We also discussed colors and brands. She really had great advice. Then I washed up, and she went to work!

In less than an hour, I was back to being Sophie. Oh it felt sooo good! I wore a black dress that she provided that showed my figure, black pumps, and diamond jewelry, including an anklet. She took many pics, including outside.

 


Her neighbor saw us and kept staring at me. Then he got in his van and drove away- still watching. I didn’t know whether to laugh or be creeped out.

Then I changed into a beautiful silvery grey gown, with white pumps and it showed a hint of cleavage and… her camera batteries died. She had no spares. Oh sh*t. She searched the house- nothing. The car- nope. And my time was running out- her next client was coming! Never fear: she called the next client, explained the situation and asked her to bring batteries. Lauren the client was cool about it and brought batteries (the free pizza bribe might have helped.)





So picture time in the gown! Inside outside upside down! Even sniffing daffodils! So, we had time for one more. I wanted the dress I brought but she suggested a different one- a white dress like the one Marilyn Monroe wore in her famous movie where her skirt blows up. Why not?

Good choice.

We switched wigs to blonde and lipstick colors as well.

WOW.

Some amazing pics. I looked in the mirror and was amazed. The girls were shown off to their full effect. I was SO happy.

Pics pics pics. Yes, I know I’m odd wanting all of these pics done, but what’s a girl to do. ;) I was outside, dressed on a gorgeous day. Bliss? Enraptured? Words don’t describe it.


 

Of course, it had to end. I cleaned and packed up and left (after having some great pizza.)

So, I’ve been to Amanda, I’ve been to Karen, Sofie, and Kalina. How does this rate? Lady Ellen is very good at what she does. Her technique is different from all the others. I recommend her. The proof is in the pictures. What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment