Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Hey Hey it's... Harrisburg" originally posted 05/11/09

When a girl is new to something, life is full of firsts. As I mentioned previously, this past weekend I was going to travel to Harrisburg, Pa. Why would I want to go there?



Well, I had a blast at the Keystone conference there and I am friendly with a few of the gurls. One in particular, Kristin, I promised I'd visit. So I did.



And she wasn't there. But I knew she wouldn't be. However she DID set up transportation for me from the hotel to the dinner to the meeting to the bar after. Colleen is so extremely nice and she doesn't drink (designated driver!) I have been known to throw back a beverage or two so this was a very good thing.



However, I was determined I would NOT make an ass of myself this time. And I didn't. Well not really.



Right. I started with my usual visit to Amanda Richards for make up. She was running behind with a photo shoot. The gurl being photographed had a heavy metal thing going for her and was AMAZING.



So I changed into Sophie, make up, but the one eyelash was sticking and my eye wouldn't quite open. (I fixed it on the ride). Then the truly frightening part- the 90 min drive to Harrisburg in BROAD DAYLIGHT enfemme. Some of you do this all the time, but not me- Sophie has always traveled under the cover of darkness. My knees were shaking as I drove the rental car (my car would not have made that trip). I mean, what if someone... Then I thought: I'm not in my car, and I look nothing like me. Yes, someone may clock me as a CD, but that's all.



I arrived at Harrisburg a little late, and Colleen was waiting, along with Crystal, all in leather. We went to dinner in downtown Harrisburg. Walking to the restaurant (again- broad daylight) we got a couple looks but nothing bad. There were maybe 20 of us at the restaurant. A great time! Some I knew, some I met for the first time. Of course I was my usual reserved self.



After 4 glasses of wine, we went to the Harrisburg group meeting held in a small church in a neighborhood that, well... it wasn't the best. In any case, a good meeting and informative.


From there, some went to one place, while others (like me went to Liquid 281- the Lesbian bar I missed last time around. Ok, I imagined this place would be slick, polished with tile, mirrors, chrome and neon. Um, no. Hick bar with a dance floor. Filled with smoke (now my wig smells). Rednecks. Yes, redneck lesbians. I've never seen a place with a open door to the ladies room, but there it was.



So the music sucked and I'm bored, then I noticed a couple girls playing pool. I've played a few times myself (just ask Jennifer just Jen). The fem of the two lesbians can't play. The butch has some ability. Ok. Let's play!



I was gonna tank the first on purpose when the butch sank the 8 ball early and lost. Play again. She's really good. We played 4 games. I won 2 (I learned not to play in heels). We must've been quite a sight: a redneck butch lesbian and a crossdresser locked in mortal combat on the pooltable. I really enjoyed playing against her. I wish I could remember her name.



Anyway, it was late, I was tired and buzzed and I still had to change to drab for the night. I walked across the highway to the hotel, and Sophie disappeared again.


For the week.



I loved the trip. I'm getting more used to being Sophie. With the walk. With some mannerisms. I am comfortable in her clothes. Very. Pandora's box has opened, and Sophie has taken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment