Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Meetings and Questions" Originally Posted 06/15/09

My life as Sophie has led me to meet some wonderful people. They are so supportive of me and so beautiful that it makes me jealous. I see them once a month usually as Sophie and online here or on Flickr. It's a whole set of friends, a whole world, completely separate from my normal everyday world.


So how do I keep this up? Keep the worlds from meeting? Should I?


I have no answers. So I asked around and a good gurl friend of mine recommended I see Dr. Osbourne, an expert in Gender psychology. And I did. Why? I want to see how I can mesh my feminine side and masculine side. How far should I take Sophie? Who is she? Stay tuned.




This past weekend, I was invited to lunch (in drab) by one of my gurl friends. We'll call her JJ. Also there was A, who I never met. She is a nervous sort, but is beautiful enfemme. Also there was J, who I know well as a gurl, but never met as a guy. I didn't expect to see her.


So the 4 of us got a table in a nearly empty bar, had a great lunch and spoke about dressing and shopping and makeup and all that. I felt comfortable, like I'd known these people forever, but 2 of them I was meeting in this form for the first time (and one for the first time period). I had a blast and learned a bit too.



So, if I have a party, do I invite them in drab to mingle with my drab friends?



I couldn't. They are not of that world. I really know so little about them aside from our common ground of dressing. Some gurls have told me quite a bit about themselves. Others tell me nothing. How would I explain them? "Oh him I know from when he wears a dress"? I don't think that would work.



No, the worlds have to remain separate, at least for now. Maybe someday Sophie will be above ground and I won't have to worry. But I doubt it.


But I am thankful for my gurl friends. All of them. You make me feel like I'm not alone and not crazy.



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment