Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"A Week Late- Part 2" Originally Posted 04/27/09

Monday- I arrived at Tavern on Carmac in downtown Philly. It was POURING rain and I went without makeup. At one intersection, I had to wait for a light and a Septa bus was there. I felt that everyone on board was staring at the guy in the skirt and heels. Still it was a thrill walking downtown in a major city-ALONE- dressed like a woman. I was wearing my fucia top, a tight navy skirt, and my 5" heels. It was secretary night at MNTG. I went blonde for the night as well.



So I open the door and there are a bunch of guys singing "Oklahoma." Total stereotype.



Kalina arrived and we spoke to one of her admirers for a bit. Hung out downstairs for a while, then upstairs for the event. Kalina did my makeup with Tammy (another woman whose credits are too long to mention) working on my wind and rain blown hair. I loved it!


So, pictures pictures pictures! They are posted here and on flickr.


It was a light night- maybe 6 gurls counting me. Still I met a new friend who was very cool.


Would I do MNTG again? Absolutely. I want to see it on a night when it isn't pouring.


I have been Sophie more and more. Now twice a month. I am learning more and more, but my makeup still sucks (which is why I pay experts- I look great and I learn). The goal is to be competent by Halloween. Can I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment