Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Philadelphia Kimmie! Part 2" Originally Posted 07/08/10

So we jump into the car and start the dark and arduous journey to Philly. VROOM! On I-95, Kim let the Mustang run a bit but not much. "I don't want to get get caught speeding, DUI, and in drag," she said. Good point!




As the city appeared through the dark summer haze, ABBA blasted from her speakers. Surreal, really. We found a place to park, and um, walked right past where we were going. It wouldn't have mattered if Kim wasn't hopping cross-legged at this point (beer and potholes don't mix.)




We asked for directions and went down Camac Street, little more than an alley. Here we found Tavern on Camac, home of Kalina Isato's Monday Night T-Girl Party. We opened the heavy wooden doors (after I tripped over the damn sandles for the third time in five minutes.) We were greeted by a woman singing while playing piano. Her singing and playing was so very strong. Kim made a beeline for the restroom while ordered a couple of beers.



Properly relieved, we sat at the seats around the piano. Kim was facinated by this amazing woman. We sat for about ninety minutes and had a wonderful time- talking and singing along.



I had an animated Star Trek discussion with a few of the patrons (yes I am a geek) and one of them eventually felt me up. I didn't feel like ruining the evening, so I just gave him a look. Besides- they were breastforms. I don't know what a correct response is.





Eventually we had to leave (alas, Kim had an early morning.) My idea of running up the steps of the Philly Art Museum al-la Rocky was politely but firmly rejected dammit and we headed back out to the burbs.




I had one of those amazing moment as we walked to the car. I saw my shadow from the streetlights. The shadow wore a skirt, had a bit of a figure, and long hair. There was nothing masculine about that shadow- it was a woman. I can't tell you how happy that made me.




We arrived back at her hotel, and she graciously allowed me to change there. I changed, showered, we hugged and I departed, wish ing that the night could've lasted longer. I had so many plans for it- people were supposed to meet us, singing, open mike- all kinds of things. Every single freaking one of them fell through but one- we had a great time.




Maybe I should plan less and enjoy more.




And BE Sophie Lynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment