Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Sophie Goes to Keystone" originally posted 03/11/09

Wow! This weekend is the Keystone conference. My first CD/TS convention! There will be hundreds of t-gurls everywhere! And there will be me.
http://www.transcentralpa.org/Keystone_home.htm




I'm really nervous! I mean, I've been in public several times now, among gurls like me, and I've met some great people. The organizer is a good friend who I haven't met...yet. I will once again be made up by the legendary Amanda Richards. There will be music by Angela, who rocks! I'm sure I will make so many new friends and meet people I've seen on the internet.




So what's to be nervous about?




I don't know if I'll fit in. There I said it. I don't know that I will look good enough, act correctly, etc, to fit into the group. I mean, I'm still new at this. I know that sisters welcome each other with open arms and hearts but I'm STILL a wreck.




Adding to this, I'm lying to my wife, work, and everyone to come here. No one knows that I'm driving to Harrisburg to be a woman for a couple of days. No one but me and my sisters.




But in spite of this (or maybe because of it) I can't wait to get there! I can't wait to check in and become Sophie (I'm going in drab). I can't wait to meet Kristy. I can't wait to be at the reception in a dress and heels and fully made up. I can't wait to laugh and enjoy new friendships and continue old.




So if nervous is the price for all of this- let me be nervous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment