Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Dreams and Ideas" Originally posted 03/29/09

Just as there are many types of different people who do This Thing We Do, there seem to be different dreams. Little things that to the rest of us seem inconsequential, but to that person, mean the world. Follow me?



Here's an example: I have a dear friend named Jen. She is so feminine and pretty when she dresses that she makes me so green with envy. Anyway, she revealed in her writing about the Keystone Conference that she played a lot of pool in college and it was always her dream to play in a dress, heels, nails, etc, and when we played that one night it was a dream come true (although I'm sure the resulting games weren't part of that dream *trash talk*). ;) See for me it was another drunken game of pool but I was wearing a dress. Don't get me wrong, I was still reeling with the idea that I was wandering about a city dressed like a woman, but to me it really was just another game of pool.



So it made me think about what other people's dressing dreams are. What are mine?



I have had a couple of dreams for my dressing, as I'm sure you do. One is to make my enterance wearing the slinkiest of gowns that seems painted on my hourglass figure, my cleavage showing beautifully. All eyes turn and they don't think "guy in a dress" but "wow! look at that woman!" Another is to walk around my old alma mater as a woman and pass completely. Last, but not least is to be able to go shopping enfemme and not be looked at as a freak.



Small dreams, I know. Many of you have already achieved these things. But I haven't, so they are my dreams. I am so happy that Jen was able to live her dream. And someday I will live mine. I just have to work toward it.



After all, Dreams are what this all about, isn't it?



So what are your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment