Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Happy Birthday to Sophie, Halloween, and BIG Parties" Originally Posted 11/09/09

Wow! So it's taken me a week to digest it all, but here I am.

One year ago on Halloween, I put on a sweater, skirt, wig, and used birdseed in pantyhose for breasts as I went out in drag for the first time ever. I had a cheap corset, wore Spanks, and had a friend make me up. Did I look good? No.

But something re-awakened.

And now it is a year later. I have a custom corset. I have custom hips (Veronica 5). And I now have amazing custom breasts from the UK. I have lost a lot of weight. I now have Henri Margu wigs and a bigger wardrobe and I know where to get a professional makeup job. And now I am Sophie.

I have made friends and been to parties. I can walk easily in heels.

So how to celebrate this year? Go to 2 parties!

The first was a work party that I was co-hosting. After a job interview in the morning (I didn't get the job), I got my eyebrows thinned to a feminine look, then off to get dressed and made up (by Amanda Richards, of course). This would be the first time wearing my new breasts as well.

From there, I drove to where I work. People didn't recognize me, but one customer hit on me. Then to the party.


The party was a lot of fun. Most of the reactions were positive, and I won "Best Costume." It was fun looking down my low cut dress and seeing breasts.


The next night was Halloween, which meant the Henri David party in Philly. That is the biggest party in Philly with over 1000 people attending. I reserved my hotel room during the summer and commissioned my costume last spring.

My costume was Mary Marvel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Marvel
The costume was made by Lorraine who is a professional that makes costumes for theatre. She also makes clothes for gurls in the community.

So the big night arrived. I went to the hotel early. Amanda Richards arrived (she was staying with me and doing my makeup.) I dressed and soon after, I was Sophie in costume!




Our third roomie, Jen, arrived and as Amanda went through her huge process of dressing, Jen and I went to the bar. While there so many people wanted our pictures! It was fun!

The party itself was mind blowing- like an acid trip but not on the drugs. So many great costumes. Amanda arrived looking like a queen! (see below)




It was an amazing time. I had so many people wanting my picture and everyone was so friendly!

Come 3 AM, I didn't want it to end, but my aching feet and drying contacts compelled me to call it a night.

So what have I learned in a year? Many things- I think Sophie looks so much better and I've learned so much about myself. And I've made dear friends who I wouldn't give up for anything- not even a shot of jack. ;)

So where will I be next year? Who knows? But I will still be Sophie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment