Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Keystone Conference part 1 originally posted 03/15/09

So the day arrived! Yesyesyes! The countdown was over. The car was packed and I headed west to Harrisburg for the Keystone Conference.


As I mentioned previously, I was scared as all hell. I men- the cream of Pa's t-gurls would be there, and then there would be "amateur night" Sophie. Still, that was nothing that blasting the Grateful Dead while driving down the turnpike at warp 7 couldn't cure!


I arrived and checked in quick enough. Unloaded everything. Figured I'd take a look around in drab. I found that the registration desk was already open, and 3 stunning gurls were there. One was from Bahstin! ;) (thats Boston, but she took some ribbing for her accent and was really cool) And there was me- in drab. Oh well, I checked in anyway, dropped the packet back in the room and went to the bar for lunch.


Bartender was uncomfortable about the conference, but professional. (He also had a brain surgery scar- no kidding) We talked about it. A gurl came in, and I bought her a drink. We spoke briefly, then I went back to the room. It took time to shave everything (I'm hairy), but eventually I was Sophie. It took a LOT of courage for me to turn the doorknob and leave that room. Seriously. Would I get beat up? What if someone I know is out there? (I wasn't wearing makeup yet) Would I be laughed at?


I turned the knob and headed for the elevator, then I went to enjoy a drink in the bar with my new friend. I think the bartender recognized me. :) Other gurls joined us. I began to feel the lump in my throat disappearing and my heart start to beat at a regular pace. It didn't matter how I looked. They accepted me.


One Amanda Richards makeover later and we all went downtown. I was looking GOOD. Dinner, dancing, drinks. Drinks. Another bar. BIG drinks. A guy even bought me one! Another bar. Drinks. Pool! I love pool! Why won't the balls stop moving? Didn't matter- I shot well enough. "Did I leave my glasses back there?" "No Sophie they're on your face."


Ummm time to go home! Bed. I was gonna hate life the next day, but I was OUT with maybe 60 T-gurls! I was one of them and so HAPPY!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment