Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Renaissance. Originally posted Dec 21, 2008

Tonight I went to my first Renaissance meeting.

As you can guess, it isn't a bunch of people discussing Michealangelo. It's a group near me of T-gurls, etc who meet for support and good times. It is a national group, and I attended the Greater Philly group's meeting.

I arrived dressed in normal street clothes, and changed on site, scared as can be. I didn't bring any makeup. Well thats really because I don't have any yet but thats a minor detail. In any case, I wore a new white top and black skirt I recently bought, as well as the red wig from Femme Fever.

So what was it like? Wonderful! I was scared sh*tless, but the girls made me feel right at home. Some could easily pass. Others like me, well... In any case, they were very open and welcoming. I felt I was among friends.

As it turns out, this was their Christmas party, and everyone went to a nearby place for dinner, drinks and dancing. As it turns out, Shangrila: a local Japanese place, has a TG night the third weekend of every month. It was really crowded! I felt mysel easing into the role of Sophie. Or was it just the drinks? Does it matter? I was dressed and having a ball!

I stayed several hours, but eventually had to go. I changed in the car and drove home.

Lesson? Meetings and groups like this are good things. I never met so many t-girls at one time. They gave me support and were just a lot of fun. The hook is in. Pandora's box is open. I'll be there in a month.

In case you are interested, Renaissance's website is http://www.ren.org/page2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment