Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Showing True Colors Originally Posted 02/16/2009

A few weeks ago, I had my second makeover and photoshoot. It shows how crazy busy I've been that I haven't blogged about it until now.



This one was with True Colors in Bethlehem, PA, under the hands of the legendary Amanda Richards. Yes, THAT Amanda Richards. She does makeovers, photography, etc. I went for the deluxe makeup and photo session, as I wanted new pics.



I arrived on time for a change and Amanda was very friendly. We discussed ideas and looks as she prepped me and then straight to work. She described what she was doing as she worked so I learned a bit. She had satellite radio and we talked a lot about music, which we are both passionate about.



Then, we chose an outfit and a wig and she had me stand in front of a mirror to "get into Sophie" as she set up the cameras. The first outfit was a miniskirt and 2 tops. I'd never worn a mini, but always loved how they looked. I am going to have to get one. :)



We did blonde and brunette, then changed outfits to a minidress. Did a different blonde, brunette and a redhead. Of course, many of these pics have already been posted.



My time ran out, and I changed for Renaissance and Angela's Laptop Lounge. I loved the brunette wig, so I bought it, and Amanda touched up my makeup for the 90 min drive to the meeting. It was so thrilling to drive down enfemme!


I liked it so much, I'm taking makeup lessons this weekend. :)



So I've done 2 makeovers with 2 different artists. How do they compare? Both were incredible. Both put me at ease and were so very friendly. Both took great pics. Both were well worth the money. Each had a different style and a different way of doing the makeup. I'm sure if I go to a different makeover, I'd see a 3rd different style. Do I have a fave? How does one choose from among the stars?


What do you think? Which group of pics do you like better?


If you want to book Amanda Richards, you can find her at http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/TrueColorsMakeup/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment