Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I Want it ALL (Escalator of Life)" originally Posted 04/05/09

Ok, I'm sure the late Robert Hazzard would excuse the reference to his song for my title.



I do a lot of reading about This Thing We Do. I have to, as Sophie goes out only once a month, and I think about dressing daily. In many of the online pages it refers to having a style. A lot of the women's fashion books refer to having a style. Hell, just by looking at a lot of the hottest t-girls you can easily decipher their winning styles. From Kimberly's sleeveless tops to Linda Lewis' cleavage, they know what works and they do it.


Therein lies the rub. I don't want to develop a style yet. There are too many types of clothes I haven't tried yet! I mean, so far when I've gone out, I've been fairly conservative (if you don't count the PVC dress that is). However, I'd LOVE to go out in a micro miniskirt (am I too old for that?) or showing mega-cleavage. Perhaps something really frilly once or something really biker-sluttish. There are just too many looks!



I guess in the end it depends upon finding what works for you. I haven't done that yet. There's a hell of a lot of discovery ahead for me in This Thing. In many ways I'm lucky- it's still fresh and new and vibrant. I still look forward to putting on my heels and feel the chill up my back as walk outside enfemme. I'm told someday it may not be that way- that dressing as Sophie will be old hat and familiar. Someday it may be. That day is not today.



Someday I may even have my own style. Or not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment