Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Cultural Touchstone" Originally Posted 08/04/09

So here we are at the verge of a new decade.

I was at work and there's a big Woodstock display. It started me thinking: Woodstock was a cultural touchstone (if not THE cultural touchstone) for the 60s generation.

70s? They had Watergate and disco. Eww.

90s? Cobain shooting himself and rioting at Woodstock (what is it with that generation and riots?)

00s? Dunno. War I guess.

Ok, I'm a child of the 80s. I put this out to other children of my generation:

What would be THE Cultural touchstone of our generation?

Is it:


Live Aid?

Challenger explosion?

Fall of Berlin Wall?

The Music of (fill in the blank)?

Iran/Contra?

Stock market Crash of 87?


What are your thoughts? Are you out there? Are you partying like it's 1999?

No comments:

Post a Comment